West Point Lighthouse Ghost Hunt & Sleepover
Welcome to West Point Lighthouse, one of the most historic and haunted locations in Canada!
Join us for a thrilling ghost hunt at the West Point Lighthouse Inn & Museum, a beacon of spectral activity and wonder on the North Cape Coastal Drive of Prince Edward Island. This iconic lighthouse, standing tall at 67 feet and 8 majestic inches, is not just Prince Edward Island’s tallest and most recognizable lighthouse, but it’s also one of the most haunted places in Canada.
The West Point Lighthouse was built between 1875 and 1876 by the Canadian Federal Department of Marine. The first two floors of the tower were part of the keeper’s residence, with the bottom floor used as a parlor and the second floor divided into two bedrooms. The lighthouse was lit for the first time on May 21, 1876, and the last keeper, Benny Maclsaac, retired in 1963 when the system was automated.
The first keeper, William Anderson MacDonald, operated the lighthouse from 1876 until 1925. Known affectionately as “Lighthouse Willie,” MacDonald never missed a single night of work during those 50 years. His spirit is said to haunt the area, often glimpsed by guests and staff.
Guests and staff at the West Point Lighthouse Inn and Restaurant have reported mysterious lights that turn on by themselves, voices out of nowhere, cold spots, and apparitions. The apparition of MacDonald is often seen, known to be a friendly spirit.
In addition to MacDonald’s spirit, the apparition of a burning ship that sank centuries ago has been reported many times within the nearby Northumberland Strait. The legend is that the crew made a deal with the devil to save themselves, and are cursed to burn for eternity.
There are also tales of a 60 – 80 foot long sea serpent swimming the waters near West Point. First told by Mi’kmaq to European settlers, even as late as the summer of 1992, there were nine documented reports of people witnessing it.
- Paranormal investigation class for beginners (separate workshop for returning guests),
- Tour of the location,
- A full night of ghost hunting with the Haunted Rooms America team,
- Your own room (based on either two/four sharing) some rooms can sleep 5,
- Breakfast (including continental, and two hot items (ie. sausages, eggs, or pancakes),
- Use of our traditional and state-of-the-art paranormal equipment,
- Free time to investigate at the end of the night,
- Snacks and refreshments are provided at intervals throughout the night.
- from 7:30 pm – check-in with us,
- 8 pm – introductions and groups are assigned,
- 8:30 pm – 9 pm – groups split off with a member of our team, then investigations begin,
- 2 am – guests retire to their rooms,
- 9 am – breakfast,
- 10 am – check-out.
Join the Hunt
Experience the thrill of a ghost hunt in this historic and haunted lighthouse. Explore the first floor lighthouse parlor museum, climb the 70+ steps to see the famous beacon, and perhaps encounter the friendly spirits that reside here.
The West Point Lighthouse Inn & Museum Ghost Hunt is not just an opportunity to potentially witness paranormal activity. It’s also a chance to immerse yourself in this unique location’s rich history and folklore.
TICKETS ARE EXTREMELY LIMITED
LOW DEPOSIT OF $50 PER PERSON