Ever wanted to investigate and stay in one of the most haunted locations in Texas? Haunted Rooms is delighted to offer you the chance to do just that at the O.P. Pyle House in Mineola, East Texas.
O. P. Pyle had this home constructed in 1903-04, when he was editor and publisher of the Mineola Courier. Built by local craftsmen the house reflects influences of the Queen Anne style in the wraparound veranda, conical tower, second-floor porch and gabled roof.
It’s the campus for a University of Vitae Pondera, supporting two accredited colleges, one of which is that of Metaphysics. Which is why we believe it is so active!
Ghosts of O.P. Pyle House
The house is extremely active, as proven on our teams’ several investigations here. The spirits are numbered in double digits including a Civil War soldier named David Akin who has deemed himself the protector of this family and house.
There are many child spirits here as well which love to play tricks on you and their nanny is here as well. The property boasts a spiritual vortex which serves as a revolving door for spiritual activity which sometimes is great and sometimes not so much.
There has also been some negative spiritual energy as well and unnerving experiences in one of the cottages. One of the owners’ parents who were longtime owners of the house are buried on the property and another family member is under the gazebo. If you are looking for a more adventurous ghost hunt this property is also one of the best in Mineola.
There is as much activity outside as inside, as the property is centered on a 100 ft. diameter vortex, with heavy natural springs activity beneath.
On some tours there will be free Quantum Akashic Field readings to guests upon request.
Areas Open for Investigation
Unlike many other locations we have investigated, the OP Pyle House has no area off-limits to investigation!
- 2-3 bedrooms
- 2-two bedroom cottage
- Formal parlor 15’x 15′ with tourret
- Formal Library 25′ x 25′ ft
- Dining Room 30′ x 30′ ft
- The Belfry: A Steam-Punk, Metaphysical Playground: 2,500 sq foot open
- ‘The Snail n’ Kale’; A sit-down eating area for 30 (Restaurant Quality)
- Glassed-In Gazebo in Organic Gardens (20′ round diameter)
- Koi Pond Gardens
- Douglas And Margaret Hoke Memorial Gardens (Pet Cemetery and Family Memorial) This is also the Birthplace of Ima Hogg, daughter of Gov. James Hogg
- Stream Patio Garden (Outdoor Kitchen)
- Two Wrap-Around Porches / Verandas, 800 sq ft. each
Attic: The house has ample space in the attic which is very active! This area would sleep 22 people, and guests would need to bring their own sleeping bags or camping beds with them.
Grounds: There are beautiful, private spots in the gardens and by the stream, that can be accessed for people with small tents. Perfect for those who enjoy sleeping under the moonlit sky next to the sound of streaming water.
Attic Room or Grounds – 40 spaces available ($109 per person) – You can choose to either sleep in the attic, or on the grounds. There are private areas outside next to the stream that you can set up a small tent (your own is required). Your own beds and bedding would be required for both attic and grounds.
- Paranormal investigation class
- Full night of ghost hunting with the team
- Use of our equipment which includes, trigger objects and EMF Meters,
- Free time to investigate for as long into the night as you want!
- On some tours you will also have the chance to receive a free Quantum Akashic Field reading (must be booked in advance)
- Accommodation (sleep in one of the 2 bedroomed cottages, in the attic, or on the grounds – own tent and sleeping bags/bed required)
- Breakfast buffet (served at 8am – 9am)
Are you brave enough to investigate and stay over at this unique and very active haunted location? Book now to avoid disappointment!
18 and over’s only! No alcohol is allowed and anybody under the influence of drugs/alcohol will be asked to leave and their booking fees lost.